Instructions for Activating Your Edline Account
Watch the Activating an Edline Account video for a step-by-step example of the activation process.
Your school will send you an activation code you can use to create your screen name and password to sign into Edline. There are separate accounts for students and parents. If the activation code states “Family of Student Name” then the activation code is the parent account. If the activation code states “Student Name” this is the code for the student account. To find out the Edline contact for your student’s school click here.
Sample of Parent Activation Code
Sample of Student Activation Code
Important: Students and parents returning to the same school as the previous year with an Edline account will NOT have to reactivate the account. Use your previous screen name and password.
To Activate Your Account
- Go to www.edline.net
- Click the Click here link, under Sign Up.
- Type your Activation Code and click Enter.
- Make sure the activation code is yours (name and school will be listed) and click Activate this Code.
- Click New Account to create your user screen name and password if you have never created an Edline account before.
Parents and guardians with more than one activation code will choose New Account even if you have received several activation codes for the first code activated. Once you have created your screen name and password for one activation code, choose to Combined Accounts during the activation process for your other student accounts (Tip- activate your youngest student first).
- Create your Edline sign in information by completing these steps:
- Create your Screen Name. The name must be unique and be at least four characters long.
- Create your Password and type it again in the Retype Password field. Passwords must be at least four characters long.
- Update your Personal Account information by typing your First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name.
- Click Continue to save your password and access the Manage Account page.
8. Configure your initial Account Settings by completing the following steps:
- Click the Edit link in the Email, Phone, and Notifications section to enter your email address. The system will send you a confirmation email. Click Save when finished.
- Click the Edit link in the Security frame of the User Management section. Create or select a security question to be asked if you forget your password. Type the correct response as the Answer. Click Save when finished.
- Click Done when finished.
- Click Continue after reviewing the list of user guides.
Once you activate your Edline account, anytime you want to sign into Edline, type your screen name and password to access your information.