Assistive Technology Support (updated 4-3-19)
all students have access to Immersive Reader in Word and One Note in Office 365
- Go to the Microsoft 365 webpage
- Username: firstname.lastname###-first 3 numbers of student ID (ex. john.smith123)
- Password is Student ID number
LRSD Dyslexia Forms
Sign into CIS with your district username and password.
click on 1. Menu
2. Student Services
3. Dyslexia Screening/ Intervention
Action Plan and Presentations
What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia is a specific learning disability that is neurological in origin. It is characterized by
difficulties with accurate and/or fluent word recognition and by poor spelling and decoding abilities.
These difficulties typically result from a deficit in the phonological component of language that is
often unexpected in relation to other cognitive abilities and the provision of effective classroom
instruction. Secondary consequences may include problems in reading comprehension and
reduced reading experience that can impede the growth of vocabulary and background knowledge.
~Adopted by IDA: November 2002
If you are concerned that your child may have characteristics of dyslexia, please contact your child's school to determine next steps.
To learn more about dyslexia and characteristics of dyslexia, view the video below
Characteristics of Dyslexia
Underlying Cause: Deficit in the phonological processing (Phonological awareness, phonological
memory, and\or rapid naming)
• Difficulty reading real words in isolation
• Difficulty accurately decoding nonsense or unfamiliar words
• Poor reading fluency (rate, accuracy, labored)
• Poor spelling
• Difficulty with reading comprehension
• Reduced reading experience that limits vocabulary and background knowledge
Arkansas Department of Education Dyslexia Resource Guide, Revised December 2017
For questions or comments please contact Chandle Carpenter, LRSD Dyslexia Specialist, 501-447-1060
Home page dyslexia artwork by @joshpenndesign