Welcome to LRSD Gifted Programs
The Little Rock School District's Gifted and Talented Program provides an educational environment for identified GT students that allows them to develop intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
Outstanding achievement or the potential for outstanding achievement of each student is evidenced through an interaction of above average intellectual ability, task commitment, and creative ability.
All types of gifted students from all cultures and economic backgrounds, regardless of race, sex, or creed, who have demonstrated a need for specialized services, will be offered a qualitatively differentiated curriculum.
**New**SPARK Summer GT Learning Academy**
Registration opens on Monday March 4, 2019. Please visit this webpage to access the registration link that will be posted prior to the morning of registration. All registrants will need a current LRSD Student Identification Number to register.
**New**LRSD Destination Imagination
LRSD Destination Imagination is excited to announce that over 30 teams will represent district schools this year in the regional competition to be held on Saturday March 2, 2019 at Don Roberts Elementary. District teams are currently participating in fund raising efforts to off-set costs for teams that may advance to the Global Destination Imagination Competition in Kansas City, Missouri this May. Anyone interested in supporting fund raising events and opportunities may visit the following links to sign up and contribute:
* Destination Imagination Snack Depot- To be offered at the February 23rd LRSD Chess Tournament and the April 6th Chess Championship Tournament. A LRSD DI Snack Depot will also be offered at the North Regional DI Competition at Don Roberts Elementary on March 2, 2019. To sign up to volunteer for these events click **HERE**.
* LRSD DI T-shirt Sponsorships and T-shirt Orders- **T-SHIRT SPONSOR/Order Link** **Electronic Payment Link for Sponsors/TShirt Orders**
Thank you in advance for your support of LRSD Destination Imagination teams!!!!
LRSD Gifted Programs seeks input for improving the support services we provide. Please select the appropriate stakeholder link to give us your feedback! Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us!
- Community member survey
- GT Student Survey
- GT Parent Survey
- Encuesta para Padres del Programa Dotados de LRSD
- Arkansans for Gifted and Talented Education AGATE
- National Association for Gifted Children NAGC
- Hoagies' Gifted Education Page
- Duke Talent Identification Program
- SENG- Social Emotional Needs of the Gifted
The following resources are provided for further information about gifted education and the services provided by the LRSD:
- Program Brochure
- Program Brochure (Espanol)
- Informational Meeting
- Pre-Advanced and Advanced Placement
- Pre-Advanced and Advanced Placement (Espanol)
- How will gifted program services benefit my student?
- Advanced Placement Overview - Click to learn more about what AP offers!
Follow us on Facebook- LRSD Gifted Programs
Follow us on Twitter- LRSD Gifted Programs @GiftedLrsd
For more information, you may contact GT office personnel.
Romona Cheneval, Director K-12
Jennifer Thomas, Secondary Specialist
Office Phone: (501) 447-3390
Office Fax: (501) 447-3391
E-mails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org