Welcome to LRSD Gifted Programs
The Little Rock School District's Gifted and Talented Program provides an educational environment for identified GT students that allows them to develop intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
Outstanding achievement or the potential for outstanding achievement of each student is evidenced through an interaction of above average intellectual ability, task commitment, and creative ability.
All types of gifted students from all cultures and economic backgrounds, regardless of race, sex, or creed, who have demonstrated a need for specialized services, will be offered a qualitatively differentiated curriculum.
Program News and Information:
1. LRSD Gifted Programs Named Outstanding Program
LRSD Gifted Programs was recognized at the 2019 AGATE Conference by the Governor's Advisory Council for Gifted and Talented Education as an ACT 56 Outstanding Program. Each year, 3 programs in Arkansas are recognized, LRSD Gifted Programs received the award for districts of 3,000 or more students.
LRSD ACT 56 Award Presentation L-R: Dr. Sadie Mitchell, LRSD Deputy Superintendent of Elementary Schools; Romona Cheneval, LRSD Director of Gifted Programs K-12; Krystal Nail, ADE Director of Gifted and Talented and Advanced Placement; Jennifer Thomas, LRSD Secondary Coordinator; and Mr. Marvin Burton, LRSD Deputy Superintendent of Secondary Schools.
2. LRSD CHESS Click Here for LRSD Chess Club Page
3. SPARK Summer GT Learning Academy
Registration opens on Monday March 4, 2019 at 8 a.m.
SPARK Registration has closed.
4. ***NEW! Just added- SPARK IT UP! 6th Grade SPARK Program
REGISTRATION is OPEN!
Join us for a 6th grade version of SPARK! This program will open for 75 students who have completed the 6th grade during 2018-19.
SPARK IT UP REGISTRATION LINK: REGISTER HERE- (Must have an active student identification number to register)
5. LRSD Destination Imagination: Congratulations to 9 Teams Advancing to Destination Imagination Globals in May!!!!
Nine LRSD teams will represent the LRSD and Arkansas in the Destination Imagination Global Competition May 22-25. Teams are currently participating in fund raising efforts to off-set costs for hotel and meals. Anyone interested in supporting fund raising events and opportunities may visit the following links to sign up and contribute:
* LRSD DI T-shirt Orders- **T-SHIRT Order Link** **Electronic Payment Link for TShirt Orders** (Donations may also be made on this Electronic Payment Link)
Coming Soon! LRSD DI Dinner and a Show Fund Raiser! Tentatively set for Tuesday, May 14th- Gibbs Elementary 6 p.m. Join us for a special on-stage review of our Global Bound performances.
Thank you in advance for your support of LRSD Destination Imagination teams!!!!
6. LRSD Gifted Programs seeks input for improving the support services we provide. Please select the appropriate stakeholder link to give us your feedback! Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us!
- Community member survey
- GT Student Survey
- GT Parent Survey
- LRSD Staff Survey
- Encuesta para Padres del Programa Dotados de LRSD
7. Additional Resources:
- Arkansans for Gifted and Talented Education AGATE
- National Association for Gifted Children NAGC
- Hoagies' Gifted Education Page
- Duke Talent Identification Program
- SENG- Social Emotional Needs of the Gifted
8. The following resources are provided for further information about gifted education and the services provided by the LRSD:
- Program Brochure
- Program Brochure (Espanol)
- Informational Meeting
- Pre-Advanced and Advanced Placement
- Pre-Advanced and Advanced Placement (Espanol)
- How will gifted program services benefit my student?
- Advanced Placement Overview - Click to learn more about what AP offers!
Follow us on Facebook- LRSD Gifted Programs
Follow us on Twitter- LRSD Gifted Programs @GiftedLrsd
For more information, you may contact GT office personnel.
Romona Cheneval, Director K-12
Jennifer Thomas, Secondary Specialist
Office Phone: (501) 447-3390
Office Fax: (501) 447-3391
E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com